Friday, July 30, 2010

Owen's Nursery



So I wanted to post pictures of Owen's nursery a long time ago, but was hoping to wait until I got my new camera to take the pics, but oh well. These pics will do.
Although his room was kind of pieced together, but I really do love how it came out. We found his furniture, except for the crib, on Craiglist and were blessed with a really good deal. The set didn't come with a mirror and I found this one at Goodwill (also a really good deal). I was so excited at how well it matched!

The sport Normal Rockwell pictures were in Gabe's room and his Dad's room when they were little, that means they're over 50 years old. When I found out we were having a boy Gabe mentioned he wanted to put these pictures up in the nursery, but we could not find them anywhere. We turned our house and Gabe's parents house upside down looking for these pictures and they were no where to be found. Right before I was about to order some prints off line Gabe's dad found them! They really go perfect with the rest of his room!


The curtains and bedskirt I made, which also saved us a ton of money. I was really happy with how they turend out!
The canvas on his dresser (second pic) was painted by a friend from church. It says "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart" which is a scripture found in Jeremiah. Now I just need to put some pics in the frames. It will happen . . . sometime.

No comments: