Saturday, August 4, 2012

All Things.....

    It wasn't until several days after getting home from the hospital, after doctors discovered the mass in Addie Kate's brain, that I was reminded of a song that the Lord had placed on my heart many months before.  The song was on a worship cd that Gabe had bought for me.  I can remember listening to the song and feeling as if the Lord was preparing my heart for something, something that was going to be difficult to walk through.  Here are some of the words to that song.
      

Jesus Culture
Your Love Never Fails

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/jesus-culture-your-love-never-fails-lyrics.html ]
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

You make all things work together for my good


   The last line in the song 'You make all things work together for my good' really stuck out to me, almost as if God was speaking it to me.  This line is taken out of Romans 8:28.  A scripture that was close to my heart in the midst of all the craziest of those three days in the hospital with Addie Kate.  It was a promise I held onto.  A promise that no matter what happened or does happen I know the Lord loves me, I know that he loves my children.  A promise that no matter what we walk through that he will work it together for our good, if we allow him too.    

   I was reminded of this promise today while watching Addie Kate play doctor with her baby dolls, as she has every day since that visit to the hospital and the two visits since then.  Fear began to creep in. Questions of how this has changed her and affected her at such a young age.  My heart was quickly comforated by this promise that in ALL THINGS he is going to work it out for her good.  There is a peace that comes over me when I am reminded that while I was blind sinded by this news, my heavenly father had begun preparing my heart many months before.


        

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all and Addie Kate all the time!! Love her <3