Friday, July 1, 2011

Falling in Love....Again



On Sunday evening Gabe and I welcomed our second baby boy. We are now the parents to three! Is that even possible? I think we are both in shock, even though we have had nine months to prepare.
The whole process of pregnancy and labor and delivery truly is a miracle. There are really no words I can use to describe the emotions of that day so I won't even try! It is the most wonderful thing in the entire world!

Eli's birth was very fast and a little intense. Luckily, we were at the hospital and our family was able to be there or get there shortly after. Addie Kate and Owen were able to come to the hospital to meet their little brother just a couple of hours after he was born (I was so glad because Addie Kate was not able to come see Owen in the hospital because of the swine flu). We are so grateful for a healthy pregnancy and birth!!

Right after baby Eli was born. Do you love my side pony tail?
Addie Kate meeting Eli for the first time. She is in love!! She thinks he is her own little baby doll. She is such a good big sister!
Owen clapping for baby Eli or the gift he had to open? We don't know but we'll go with Eli!
Owen is a little on the rough side, he is all boy, so we have to make sure Eli is not within his reach unless we are there to supervise.
Our first family picture with our new addition!
So happy to be taking my little boy home! We had fabulous doctors and nurses and I loved loved them, however, I was so ready to get some sleep!!
Daddy is in love with his boy! And they are just pure cute!!
God has blessed our family so much with three precious surprises! We could have never even dreamed that our lives would look like this after less than four years of marriage, but we wouldn't change anything. We serve a God who is sovereign and knows better than we do!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Jess- You are my inspiration. Pregnancy and birth are my biggest fears, and you my friend do them both like a champ. Beautiful family!! So happy for you and the new addition!

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions! (even though this is from MONTHS later) ;)