Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Owen

I know I am very repetitive when I say how fast time goes by... but it really is hard to believe that Owen is already a year old! One is a very fun but busy age because he is literally into everything! Some days I feel like all I do is chase and chase him.
Him and Addie Kate laugh and laugh together and I love watching them play. They have already found ways to get into trouble together....which makes me a little nervous about adding another boy to the mix. I can only imagine what my life will be like in little over a year when I have a one year old, two year old, and a three year to chase around.

His birthday morning started out with very good monkey bread.... because every good birthday should start with monkey bread!
Owen didn't really eat much though and by that afternoon he wasn't acting like himself at all. I didn't know if he was just exhausted from the busy weekend or if he really wasn't feeling well. He wasn't fussy, just really cuddly and kind of pitiful. (I took him to the doctor Tuesday and found out that he had double ear infections). Hence, the following pictures....he just wasn't himself on his birthday. But he was still such a good sport!!
Birthday cupcakes made by Mommy and Aunt La La....


Owen's little smash cake that I attempted to make...better luck next year (it's ok we do have another first birthday party coming up next June)!!

Addie Kate and Mommy helping blow out the candles...he is so not into it!
We did have a little more pep in his step when it was time for the presents though...his favorite was Mickey Mouse. He loves Mickey!



Even while sick Owen is just pure sweet and loves playing with his big sister!
Birthdays are packed with so much emotion for me! I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for our families and for my children. They have filled my life with more joy than I could have ever imagined!

No comments: